This website features occasional sponsored posts, affiliate links, and uses cookies. By visiting our website you agree to our Site Policies. If you'd like to work with us, click here. Find this site helpful? Buy Oshin a cup of coffee.

Fiverr Review

Fiverr is an online marketplace where you can sell your services for a starting price of $5. If your services are worth more than $5, you can change the starting price to a higher rate. You get paid an advance payment of 20% when a buyer purchases your Gig; once the order has been completed, you get the remaining 80% of the service price.

Jobs Available on Fiverr

Job categories on Fiverr include;

  • Graphics & Design
  • Digital Marketing
  • Writing & Translation
  • Video & Animation
  • Music & Audio
  • Programming & Tech
  • Advertising
  • Business
  • Fun & Lifestyle

General Remote Jobs

Fiverr is a general job site for freelancers. There is no indication that one category is more popular than the other. To provide a few examples –some of the remote  gigs that you can offer on Fiverr include;

  • Programming
  • Banner Advertising
  • Legal Writing
  • Photoshop Editing
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Career Advice
  • Spokepersons & Testimonials
  • Whiteboard & Explainer Videos
  • Pranks & Stunts
  • Celebrity Impresonation
  • Jingles & Drops
  • Convert Files
  • Mixing & Mastering
  • Social Media Design
  • Resume & Cover Letter Writing
  • Financial Consulting

*This is only a small sample of remote gigs that you can sell on the site. Visit their website to see if there’s remote work available that best suits your skill set.

Fiverr Pricing & Plans

Fiverr charges the following fees to freelancers who would like to sell their gig on the site;

  • Paypal: 2% of withdrawal amount or $1, whichever is greater
  • Direct deposit: $1 per transfer
  • Local bank transfer: $3 per transfer
  • Fiverr Revenue Card: $1 within 2 days,or $3 within 2 hours

Fiverr charges the following fees to businesses who would like to purchase gigs on the site;

  • For purchases $20 and below: $1
  • For purchases above $20: 5% of the purchase amount

Is Fiverr a Scam?

Our readers have not indicated that Fiverr is a scam or conducts business unfairly. You’re invited to share your experience about Fiverr in the comments below.

This Fiverr review was updated May 2017.

Tweet this!
Best Digital Nomad Tools
Speed Up Internet
Best Bank Digital Nomads
Digital Nomad Guides and Resources

Get Paid Faster Than PayPal, with Less Fees

Hobo with a Laptop recommends the Payoneer Prepaid Debit Mastercard® as the ultimate banking solution for freelancers.

Open virtual bank accounts in multiple countries, enjoy lower fees and get paid faster than PayPal.

Payoneer is free to join, and you'll get $25, just for signing up with this link, subject to Refer-a-Friend Program terms.

Read the Review

Free Giveaway in October

Double website opt-ins or sales with social proof: We're giving "Proof" software away (full year, $348 USD value) in October, visit our Giveaways page for more information.

Learn more

Hobo Laptop Giveaway Proof

Free Chiang Mai Digital Nomad Guide

If you're planning to become a travel blogger or digital nomad in the near future, we invite you to take a look at Digital Nomad Escape Plan; a full-fledged (almost) 200-page ebook to help you get started on your nomad travels in Chiang Mai, Thailand (and it's completely free).  

Learn more


Download Digital Nomad Escape Plan for Free

Remotely Jobs

Get our Free Newsletter!

Get every blog post, free giveaway announcement, and exclusive discounts from our sponsors delivered directly to your inbox.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *