Focus Forward Review
Jobs Available on Focus Forward
Job categories on Focus Forward include;
- Medical Transcription
- Marketing Research Transcription
- Audio Transcription
- Video Transcription
- Voice to Text Transcription
- TV Logging Transcription
- Legal Transcription
- Business Transcription
- Academic Transcription
- Production Transcription
- Focus Group Transcription
- Meetings Transcription
Transcription Remote Jobs
Since Focus Forward is a niche site that focuses on Transcription, all of its remote jobs are in transcription. To provide a few examples –some of the tasks you are expected to do when working at Focus Forward include;
- Transcribe audio files
- Transcribe a maximum of 2 audio files in one assignment
- Summarize an audio
- Add timestamps
- Identify speakers on the transcript by name
- Collate transcriptions into an Excel spreadsheet
*This is only a small sample of remote tasks that you will do when working at Focus Forward. Visit their website to see other tasks available.
Focus Forward Pricing & Plans
Focus Forward is a free service for job seekers. You need to pass their application process first before you can start getting assignments.
Focus Forward charges the following fees to businesses who would like to hire transcription services from the site;
- Verbatim: A word-for-word account, including all moderator and respondent speech in full. ($2.50 per audio minute)
- Edited Summarized: A concise document, focusing on the respondents’ speech. The moderator’s portion of the interview is edited and summarized, while the respondents’ speech is verbatim, omitting only the non-verbal utterances, filler words and extraneous content. ($2.08 per audio minute)
- Notes: This format is not verbatim, but rather, captures the main points of the audio. This format offers an excellent alternative to verbatim transcripts, as well as in-person note takers, where direct quotes are not required as part of your research. ($1.25 per audio minute)
- Excel Smart Transcripts: This innovative format allows you to quickly organize, sort, and analyze your data in one simple document. Available as a master capture sheet collating all your files into a comprehensive Excel spreadsheet makes this format ideal for IDI’s and TDI’s. Discussion guide questions are recorded in columns, while respondent responses are transcribed in rows. This is available in verbatim, edited summarized or notes format. ($1.83-$3.25 per audio minute)
Is Focus Forward a Scam?
Our readers have not indicated that Focus Forward is a scam or conducts business unfairly. You’re invited to share your experience about Focus Forward in the comments below.
This Focus Forward review was updated May 2017.
EXCLUSIVE FLEXJOBS DISCOUNT FOR DIGITAL NOMADSHobo with a Laptop readers get an exclusive discount on FlexJobs until the end of August --use the NOMAD promo code to receive the following discounts:
$44.95 for 12 months of FlexJobs (10% off) $23.95 for 3 months of FlexJobs (20% off) $9.95 for 1 month of FlexJobs (30% off)
Learn how to get your first entry-level remote job with our how-to guide here.
Get Paid Faster Than PayPal, with Less Fees
Open electronic money accounts in 29 currencies, enjoy lower fees, use Apple Pay, get your card mailed wherever you are --and get paid faster than PayPal. Visit Transferwise for more information, or read our review.